Do you remember that special day when you went to grade1, and it was your first day at school? The way you were walking into the school yard to find your teacher? The way on your first day you made new school mates? I remember that fine day, like it was yesterday. My mom holding my hand as I walked up to stand in line to see my school teacher. The girl in front of me, with her blond locks, and pink outfit. (a butt-hole written all over her large forehead...)
I remember tapping her on the shoulder, and asking "Hi, I'm new here. Can I be your friend?"
And the way she turned around to stare at me, then give me a unpleasant smirk; her voice to squeaky as she replies:
"No. Who would want to be friends with you?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I can most def. say that day happened all over again. Except for the fact that I now was old enough to stand my ground.
This morning trying to get ready and leave the house was simply one word: MAD.After all the yelling and screaming that had passed, I actually got dropped off quite early.
But not early enough that there weren't any students in the parking lot. Shoot...It was kinda like grade 1 all over again. My mom and dad left with 'words of wisdom' as I like to call it, with the window down and mom yelling:
"GOOD LUCK SWEETHEART! CALL ME!"
But I think the one that got the most stares at me was, and I quote "OH AND HON?! I MADE YOU A FRUIT SALAD! MAKE SURE YOU EAT IT! AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T BRING THE LEFT OVERS BACK!"
Oh yeah... The fruit salad comment really got the stares going... Just my luck huh?
Anyways, I walked into the foyer and stopped in attempt to come through this door.
It was bimbo paradise I tell you! It was like a barbie and ken experiment gone wrong! Hundreds of them laughing, giggling, showing off there tans...
Even some guys there, all jocks; trying to show off the fact of what working out can do to you. It was unbelievable. Buy the time I realized I was standing in the door, I wanted to turn back. But then the new crowd of students began to pile in. Alright I thought... Head down, don't make eye contact, and get a locker. That's all.
As I started to walk through the science experiments gone wrong, I thought I heared my name. I looked up and around but I didn't see anyone. Oh man, I'm loosing it.
I walked into one hallway, where I felt a lot more comfortable then in Barbietopia.
The kids here were all different looking, but at the same time we all had something in common.A lot of the students here were either Scene, Punk, Gothic Lolita or a strange mix of Retro.
So this was the Art hallway huh? Pretty good for me.
They didn't look at me as though I were a bug that needed to be squished or anything. Just another artist walking down the hallway. I walked by a couple of lockers not really interested in getting one. I must have looked awkward, just standing in front of the locker.
The again who wouldn't? I finally decided to take out my headphones and drown out the quiet chatter near me.
With 'More Human Than Human' by White Zombie playing and no one I knew, I sat there, and quietly I wished I was invisible. I was looking around the hallway when I made eye contact with a boy. He looked well normal actually. No piercings, tattoo's or anything. Just normal. He gave me a smile, eye's bright. I slightly smiled back, and looked at something else. That's when he had the balls to come up to me. Normally not many people socialize with me, well... Because they just don't. So having someone walk up to me took some guts.
"Hey I'm David. You look like your new here." He said.
"Uh, yeah Hi David. Tuesday." I said and raised my hand for him to shake. He all but eagerly took it.
"Nice to meet you Tuesday. I knew you were new. I would remember you if you weren't." He said and after about 55 seconds he released my hand.
Awkward silence started.
"So... What grade?" He asked.
"Grade 11..." Oh man, again with me keeping conversations. Not like "hey how was your summer?" or anything like that... English would be the next step...
"Oh same! Hey want me to show you around?" He asked all to eagerly.
Hey why not? I never had this kind of attention. I might as well try my hand at semi-friend making.I closed my locker and my mini quest began. David told me that I had taken a locker in the Art hallway. (I knew it!)
He showed me the cafeteria, the other hallways including the Music and Drama. Some of the class rooms downstairs, and finally to his friends. I forgot all there names by friend number 27. Soon after that there was a small assembly, where I got to meet all the teachers and other staff. (Great...)Finally I had gone to my homeroom, only to find David in the crowd.
(Things can't get any better...)
Turns out that my class is a split class, and co-ed. Oh that's lovely... I took one look at my teacher and already knew he was going to be an asshole.
Yup I was right.
I think the highlight of this day was the conversation we had in class today.
Mr. Kinkle (teacher): "Alright everyone, bring your game tomorrow. Were playing dodge ball."
Students: "Yeah!"
Me: "Oh shit..."
Jock 1: "Okay, are we a team?"
Jock 2: " Oh yeah!"
Jock 3: "I'll take on skinny over there." (Throws glance at me...)
Damn...
My Regards
-Tuesday

3 comments:
I love your writing sooo much!
We posted the notes.
And the tacos were M-Azin!
-Madds
I love the last part!
I don't know what we're having for dinner... hmm maybe a salad.
How was your day?
-Madds
Post a Comment